Jeremy Camp: Should've Been Me

 

Lyrics/Chorus:  You carried all of my burdens

You took them all to that grave

I know You didn’t deserve it

But You took my place

You traded hope for my hurting

You bore the weight of my shame

I know You didn’t deserve it

And I know it should’ve been me

 

An amazing song with amazing lyrics! Yes, it should’ve been us---all of us, beaten, broken, pierced, and hung on the cross.  That is the price paid for our sin, along with death and burial.  We deserve what happened to our Savior, He didn’t, but because He loves us so much, He came here and died for us so we might have an awesome life; and life more abundantly.  Furthermore, so we can live with Him forever in our afterlife.

 

          Father, remind us to be thankful every day of the sacrifice Your Son made for us that we might be free through Your grace and mercy.  That we now have a relationship and direct access to the God of the universe who loves us unconditionally.

 

Psalm 22, John 19:16-30, Matthew 27, Hebrews 10:19-22

Comments

Prodigal Pastor Ministries: Does God Accept Me As I Am?

Chasing After Him: Whatever he does prospers

Chasing After Him: Same Amount of Grace & Love

Chasing After Him: Strength & Stronghold

Chasing After Him: 1 Peter 4:8 Intense Love

Chasing After Him: Is. 60:19-20

Chasing After Him: Join the Blue Lantern Corps today!

Chasing After Him: Psalm 51

Chasing After Him: 2 Timothy 2:22 Run!

Chasing After Him: Ps. 127:1

Chasing After Him: 1 Cor. 9:19-23

Chasing After Him: 1 John 4:4

Chasing After Him: Prodigal Son

Chasing After Him: Ps. 46:1-3, 10

Chasing After Him: Ps. 51

Chasing After Him: 1 Peter 4:8

Popular Posts