2 Corinthians 4:18, This life and everything in it is temporary! Homeless!

So we look not at the things which are seen,  but at the things which are unseen; for the things which are visible are temporary (just brief and fleeting), but the things which are invisible are everlasting and imperishable.  2 Cor. 4:18 AMP

Facts and real talk! The things of this world are temporary.  We ourselves are temporary.  James 4:14, Yet you do not know [the least thing] about what may happen in your life tomorrow. [What is secure in your life?] You are merely a vapor [like a puff of smoke or a wisp of steam from a cooking pot] that is visible for a little while and then vanishes [into thin air].  And, Job 8:9, For we are only of yesterday and know nothing, Because our days on earth are [like] a shadow [just a breath or a vapor].

If we know that, then why are we so obsessed with the things of this world when none of it can come with us to the afterlife and all of it is meaningless, as we learn in the book of Ecclesiastes.  Why do you suffer anxiety and worry over things God already has under control if you need them (Matt. 6:31-33)?  He already knows your needs and has already provided for you (Phil. 4:19).  Quit your worrying and stress over this world and the people in it.  

Everything here is not yours and will stay here.

Everyone  here, will not stay here.

All things and everyone on this planet are temporary. We are only here for a season.  Make the most of it.  Serve God, not man and you'll have a better life while you're here.  God is everlasting, the world is not. 

(Homeless by Six Feet Deep)

I won't call this home

Every time I turn my head, this place, it's in my face. So blasphemous

Screaming its obscenities, its abominations bleed my eyes. Disease

These wicked flames, that flicker pain, try night and day to consume me

The smell of death on everything I touch, cost of acceptance far too much

But not for long, I'm going home, my savior's coming for me

I've got to hold my head up high, try not to lose my focus

I've got to stand my ground, while this world rips at my flesh

But not for long, I'm going home, my savior's coming for me

This nation we witness, the child of progress

The land of opportunity, the land of success

Is just a caldron of souls that's about overfilled

An empire the devil has worked so hard to build

So for as long as I'm here, for the rest of my days

I won't conform to this world, I won't adopt its ways

Christ's kingdom is coming and without Him it's hopeless

So until that day you can consider me homeless

Homeless - For Now - Always - Homeward Bound!

Homeless - For Now - Always - Homeward Bound!

Homeless - For Now - Always - Homeward Bound!

Homeless - For Now - I Won't - Call This Place Home!

(Homeless by Six Feet Deep)

#prodigalpastor #temporary #Invisible #world #everlasting #homeless #devotional

Comments

Prodigal Pastor Ministries: Does God Accept Me As I Am?

Chasing After Him: Whatever he does prospers

Chasing After Him: Same Amount of Grace & Love

Chasing After Him: Strength & Stronghold

Chasing After Him: 1 Peter 4:8 Intense Love

Chasing After Him: Is. 60:19-20

Chasing After Him: Join the Blue Lantern Corps today!

Chasing After Him: Psalm 51

Chasing After Him: 2 Timothy 2:22 Run!

Chasing After Him: Ps. 127:1

Chasing After Him: 1 Cor. 9:19-23

Chasing After Him: 1 John 4:4

Chasing After Him: Prodigal Son

Chasing After Him: Ps. 46:1-3, 10

Chasing After Him: Ps. 51

Chasing After Him: 1 Peter 4:8

Popular Posts