Rejoiceful obedience, Ps. 119:161-68 NIV

Ps. 119:161-68 (NIV)

Rulers persecute me without cause,

    but my heart trembles at your word.

162 I rejoice in your promise

    like one who finds great spoil.

163 I hate and detest falsehood

    but I love your law.

164 Seven times a day I praise you

    for your righteous laws.

165 Great peace have those who love your law,

    and nothing can make them stumble.

166 I wait for your salvation, Lord,

    and I follow your commands.

167 I obey your statutes,

    for I love them greatly.

168 I obey your precepts and your statutes,

    for all my ways are known to you.

The main theme in these seven verses is obedience.  Obedience to what the Lord asks or requires of us.  Obedience to the Lord causes peace in our lives.  Obedience to the Lord keeps us from stumbling.  Obedience to the Lord causes rejoicing.  Those who truly love the Lord as David did have no problems following the Lord or doing what He asks of us.  Your heart will tremble at His Word as said in verse 161.  Praising Him more than seven times a day is not a problem.  You will hate and abhor falsehood.  Understanding that all of your ways are known to Him, obedience and praise should come naturally to you.  

Verse 168, is David's acknowledgement that he is created by God, which is why He obeys His "precepts and statues".  Again David is our example of living for and rejoicing in knowing the Lord.  Live for the only one who truly knows you. 

#prodigalpastor #obedience #rejoice #praise #devotional

Comments

Prodigal Pastor Ministries: Does God Accept Me As I Am?

Chasing After Him: Whatever he does prospers

Chasing After Him: Same Amount of Grace & Love

Chasing After Him: Strength & Stronghold

Chasing After Him: 1 Peter 4:8 Intense Love

Chasing After Him: Is. 60:19-20

Chasing After Him: Join the Blue Lantern Corps today!

Chasing After Him: Psalm 51

Chasing After Him: 2 Timothy 2:22 Run!

Chasing After Him: Ps. 127:1

Chasing After Him: 1 Cor. 9:19-23

Chasing After Him: 1 John 4:4

Chasing After Him: Prodigal Son

Chasing After Him: Ps. 46:1-3, 10

Chasing After Him: Ps. 51

Chasing After Him: 1 Peter 4:8

Popular Posts